Are you ready to hit the road in your electric vehicle, but not sure where to start planning your trip? Look no further! We have compiled a list of the 6 top EV route planners to make your road trip as smooth and enjoyable as possible. From finding charging stations along the way, to estimating travel time and distance, these tools will help you plan your next adventure with ease. So buckle up and let’s explore the best EV route planners for an unforgettable road trip!
A Better Routeplanner
There are many different route planners available for road trips, but not all of them are created equal. When it comes to planning a road trip in an electric vehicle (EV), there are a few things you need to keep in mind. First, you need to be aware of the range of your EV and plan your route accordingly. Second, you need to account for charging time when making your plans. And finally, you need to make sure that the route planner you choose takes into account the unique needs of an EV road trip.
With that in mind, here are our top picks for EV route planners:
1. PlugShare Trip Planner – This is one of the most popular route planners for EV road trips. It takes into account both charging time and range, and it has a user-friendly interface.
2. Electric Vehicle Route Planning System (EV-RPS) – This route planner is designed specifically for electric vehicles. It includes a database of over 30,000 public chargers in the US and Canada, and it can help you find the best routes based on charger availability and crowd sourced data.
3. Google Maps – While not specifically designed for EVs, Google Maps is still a great option for planning an EV road trip. It includes public charger locations in its database, and you can filter your search results by charger type (Level 1, Level 2, or DC Fast).
Whether you’re driving an all-electric car or a plug-in hybrid, chances are you’ll need to recharge your vehicle at some point during a road trip. And while there are many public charging stations available, it can be difficult to find one when you’re out on the open road. That’s where PlugShare comes in.
PlugShare is a free app that helps EV drivers locate public charging stations. With over 100,000 chargers in its database, PlugShare is one of the most comprehensive EV route planners available. The app also lets users see real-time availability of charging stations, so you can plan your route accordingly. Plus, if you sign up for a paid account, you’ll get access to additional features like custom routing and exclusive discounts at select charging stations.
1. ChargePoint: This is one of the most popular EV route planners, and for good reason. It offers a clean interface, accurate results, and a wide range of features. Plus, it’s free to use!
There are many considerations to take into account when planning an electric vehicle road trip. Here are some of the best EV route planners to help you map out your journey:
1. PlugShare Trip Planner: This trip planner is designed specifically for electric vehicle drivers. It takes into account EV charging stations along your route and provides directions to the nearest station if your battery is running low.
2. Google Maps: Google Maps now includes information on EV charging stations, making it a useful tool for electric vehicle road trips. Simply search for “EV charging stations” and select the option to filter by chargers compatible with your car.
3. Tesla Supercharger Network: If you’re driving a Tesla, you can take advantage of the company’s nationwide network of Superchargers. The Tesla website has a handy tool that lets you input your starting point and destination to find the nearest Supercharger station.
EV Route Planner – Chargeway
If you’re planning an EV road trip, there are a few things you’ll need to take into account. First, you’ll need to find an EV route planner. There are a few different options available, but our favorite is Chargeway.
Chargeway offers a comprehensive EV route planner that takes into account charging stations, driving range, and elevation changes. You can even select your preferred charger type, so you can be sure you’ll be able to find a compatible station along your route.
Once you’ve planned your route, be sure to pack everything you’ll need for the trip. An EV road trip is a great opportunity to explore new places and see the sights at your own pace. However, it’s important to be prepared for anything. So, in addition to your charger and cords, we recommend packing snacks and drinks, a first-aid kit, and plenty of sunscreen!
Zap Map (UK Only)
If you’re planning an electric car road trip in the UK, Zap Map is a great resource. This website provides detailed mapping of charging stations throughout the country. You can search for stations by location, amenities, and charging type. Zap Map also has a handy smartphone app so you can easily find nearby charging stations while on the go.
There are a few different ways to map out an EV road trip. The most important factor is to make sure you have enough charge to get to your destination. Once you’ve considered range, there are a few different route planners that can help you map out the fastest or most scenic route.
Tesla’s in-car navigation system is one of the best for EV road trips. It takes into account charging stations and can even calculate the amount of time you’ll need to stop for a charge.
ChargeHub’s Route Planner is another great option. This tool lets you input your starting point, destination, and vehicle range. It then displays a map with charging stations along your route.
PlugShare’s Trip Planner is similar to ChargeHub’s, but also includes information on whether or not a particular charger is available. This can be helpful if you’re planning a trip during peak travel times.
Whichever route planner you choose, make sure it takes into account charging stations so you can enjoy a hassle-free road trip in your EV!