Magnifying lamps are very useful tools for anyone doing precision work, design, assembly or even inspection. Be it an industrial worker, jewellery designer, manicurist, sewing specialist or tattoo artist, a magnifying lamp would make their jobs so much easier and aid in perfecting their work.
Here, we’ve made a list of the top 15 best swing arm magnifying lamps that will help you improvise the workstation.
Why do you need a swing arm magnifying lamp?
A swing arm magnifying lamp is a necessity for anyone that does precision work, either as a job or a hobby. It provides adequate illumination and magnification for you to work on intricate pieces without having to strain your eyes and also do quality and precise work. It can greatly reduce eye strain.
What are the things to consider before purchasing a swing arm magnifying lamp?
- Lens power and magnification: Dioptre: This denotes the lens power. Simply put, greater the dioptre, more the magnifying power of the lens.
- LED lights:Number: More the number of LED lights, the brighter it will beIllumination power: Lumens is a measure of the brightness of light. More the lumens, more the brightness.Wattage: LED lights have lower wattage than incandescent light bulbs and are as such safer for the environment.Colour: White/ fluorescent
- Input power:This is usually between 100-240V. The standard voltage range differs from country to country and some lamps may require a voltage converter to manage this variation to prevent damage to the lamp due to a voltage surge.
- Lamp fixation: A C-clamp allows the lamp to be fixed on almost any working surface.Some models come with a table-top base/ a stand/ even a rolling stand with wheels.
- Size and weight: Make sure to look at the dimensional specifications of the product and the weight, if it needs to be constantly moved.
- 1. Mult-Equip Clamp Arm Magnifying
- 2. KKmoon Lighting LED 5x Magnifying
- 3. SCHOFIC Bifocals 1200 lumens
- 4. Seamec India Bifocals 1200 lumens LED Magnifying Lamp with Clamp
- 5. Tattoo Gizmo Floor Lamp with Magnifier Light and Stand
- 6. AVA Tattoo Magnifying LED Floor Lamp with Rolling Wheel Stand
- 7. Brightech Lightview PRO LED
- 8. Xuande Pro LED Magnifying Lamp
- 9. Generic Clamp-on Table Desk Magnifying
- 10. Aven 26501-SIV Magnifying Lamp Provue
- 11. SALVATION Magnifying LED Lamp
- 12. Jarchii Magnifying LED Light, 110V
- 13. Optike Industrial Magnifying Lamp
- 14. LENSEL Flexible Arm Illuminated Magnifier
- 15. Aadvay LED Magnifying Lamp C-Clamp Type
- More from my site
This swing arm magnifying lamp comes with a clamp that allows it to be attached to any work surface without any issue. It offers 5x and 20x magnification and possesses a 60 LED light source with 1200 lumens illumination power and comes with a 5 Dioptre and 20 Dioptre glass lenses.
- Sturdy metal body
- AC100-240V, power 12W
- Swingarm that allows it to be manoeuvred to your comfort
different magnification lenses
- On the higher end of the price range
- Glass lens needs to be changed carefully by hand
- No rightness adjustment option
If you’re looking for quality design, this is the magnifying swing arm lamp for you. This product comes in black and is made of ABS and glass. It offers 5x magnification and comes with a C-clamp to be fixed onto any surface. At a much more reasonable price and extra features, this is definitely one of the top best swing arm magnifying lamps available.
- 2-in-1 LED Lamp plus magnifier
- 10 levels of adjustable brightness
- 3 light modes- warm, yellow and white
- Adjustable 360-degree rotatable swivel arm
- USB Powered: can be powered using any USB port or power bank
- No warranty
- Large in size (4.5 ft) and heavy (840gms), cannot be easily carried around.
This is a heavy-duty magnifying lamp that has 56 ultra-bright LED lights, 5” diameter bifocal lens- 5 and 20 dioptre that offer 2.25x and 5x magnifying powers respectively and 500 lumens illumination power.
It comes with a cool light mode too, to protect the eyes and is the lamp is available in white.
- Energy saving. Lasts up to 1,00,000 hours
- Easily adjustable triple-joint arm.
- Only bright white light is produced
- No option for brightness control
Another reasonable buy that comes with a bifocal lens with 5 and 20 dioptre refractory power and ultra-bright LED lights with 500 lumens illumination power. It comes at a comparatively slightly cheaper price.
- Triple-jointed swing arm that helps in easy manoeuvring of the lamp to your comfort
- Space saving- occupies only a very small desk space
- No brightness control option
- No warranty
This product is definitely a boon. At a very nominal price and several features, this is no doubt one of the best swing arm magnifying lamps in the market. The product comes with a sturdy, flexible neck, a C-clamp and a stand. Provides 5x magnification and a bright white light that facilitates good visualization.
- Swingarm lamp with clamp+stand
- Brightness adjustable controls
- Reasonably priced
- High power consumption, 15W
- Heavy (7200gms)
This product comes with a rolling stand with 4 wheels that allows it to be easily moved around. It has a single 5 dioptre lens with a ring of LED lights around it and a triple-jointed arm.
- Rolling stand with wheels, for easy mobility
- Swingarm for ease of use
- Not very bright
- On the pricier end of the scale
This swing arm magnifying lamp comes highly recommended and has an excellent customer rating. It comes with a C-clamp that allows fixation on any surface. It’s sturdy and long-lasting.
- Two brightness modes: warm and daylight
- Lens protector, sleek design
- Easy to move around, lightweight.
- Requires voltage converter to make sure the standard voltage range allowed in the country doesn’t damage the lamp.
Truly a budget buy, this 360-degree rotating swing arm magnifying lamp covers all the basic needs. It comes with a 5x magnifying lens, 100 LED lights, 8W power, a USB plug design and a C-clamp for fixation.
It also boasts light dimming controls and 10 brightness adjustment gears
- Low power consumption
- Iron+ABS, aluminium sturdy metal frame
- Very reasonably priced
- No warranty
This is an industrial grade magnifying lamp, by Generic, that comes highly recommended. It has a C-clamp, a 360-degree rotatable swing arm and a pivoting 3x magnifying head. It comes with a 4” diameter lens that has 3 Dioptres of power.
- Compact and easy to store or carry
- Requires 110 volts (voltage converter may be required in certain countries)
- Batteries and bulb not included. (Requires a 60W bulb)
- On the pricier range
This is a fluorescent swing arm magnifying lamp with a 5”, 5 dioptre glass lens that provides 2.25x magnification. The swingarm design makes it easy to handle.
- Slim design, with a clamp arm to fix in place
- Adjustment knob for lamp positioning
- No brightness adjustment option
Another one of the top best swing arm magnifying lamp designs on the market, this product is table-top, with a 5x magnifying lens, 220V power input requirement and fluorescent LED lights for illumination.
- Tabletop design with swing arm
- Can be folded and put away
- Slightly on the pricier end
This is a budget buy, with an Iron+ABS+AS body frame, an 8x magnifying lens and bright LED lights. Comes with an extendable triple-jointed swing arm that’s very convenient.
- High magnification power (8x)
- C-clamp for fixation
- No brightness controls or warranty
- Heavy- 2.7Kgs
This magnifying lamp has a stylish design, 12W 5” 4x magnifying lens and a long-reach adjustable swing arm. It also provides 1200 lumens illumination.
- Ultra-slim lens that can be easily replaced
- On the costlier end of the price range
This is another great product with a specially designed 3.2D lens for bi-ocular vision. Provides 4x magnification and has a 22W fluorescent light.
- Specially-designed distortion controlled bi-ocular lens to prevent eye strain.
- Clamping type base and swing arm
- Comparatively more expensive
- Only 30-degrees swivel possible in each direction.
This swing arm magnifying lamp comes with all the basic specifications along with a clamp base. It has a 5D, 5” lens, Works on 100-240AC volts and needs 12W power and has 60 high-luminous LED lights.
- Clamp stand with adjustable swing arm design
- 1200 lumens illumination
- No brightness adjustment
- On the pricier side of the price scale.
Hope this article gave you a detailed review on the top 15 best swing arm magnifying lamps and an idea on how to go about choosing one. Go through our buyer’s guide to find one that fits your need perfectly.