We all know that we are the same. We want to become famous. And this is why most of us use Instagram and similar apps. We create some stories, reels or posts and sometimes it goes viral. Also, sometimes we like some posts appearing on our Instagram feed; and we want to share that post with our other friends. We often find something interesting on Instagram, and thus we want that to share our stories. And this is why Instagram provides its users an easy way to share anything on the platform.
But sometimes, it is not easy for someone to find the option to share any post to his/her story or someone else’s post to his/her story.
To simplify, I, shyami-your tech friend, will show you today how to share a post on Instagram (2023). You can also learn this with the help of this guide.
Why are Instagram Stories in trend?
Instagram stories are one of the significant attraction sources for people on social media sites. There may be so many reasons, but one of the most important is that it connects the viewers to that person who uploaded his/her story. A story shows the incident in real-time without any ad like decoration, and it also gives the viewers an idea about the story maker’s personal and ongoing life. Another primary reason is that a story has a time limit of 24 hours, and this is why no one can delay watching someone else’s account.
Here you can learn all the steps to share any post to your story on Android or any iOS/iPhone.
How to share a post on the Instagram story?
Follow this step by step guide.
Step 1- Launch the Instagram app on your phone.
Step 2- Go to the post that you want to share.
Step 3- You will find a Paper Plane button below the post. Tap on that. It will lead you to share the post.
Step 4- Tap on the Add post to your story, the first option showing above the list of your friends.
Step 5- Now, that post will be headed to the story page. You can customize by using all the given options.
Step 6- Tap your story option in the bottom left corner of the page.
Your story will be automatically uploaded after tapping your story option, and you will not be notified or receive any confirmation pop up. Similarly, You can share anyone’s post to your story after following the above steps. But you can not claim the originality of the post if it is of someone else’s. And so, The username of the original poster will be displayed at the bottom of your story. So that anyone can know the origin of that post. Also, if someone wants to know the original post, he/she can tap on the name at the bottom of your story and go to the original post.
Vice versa, this method is beneficial for promoting any brand or getting engaged with more people.
Sometimes, it happens that you are facing the issue of sharing other people’s posts to your story. Although it is the same as sharing our own post to our story. But there may be various reasons for them. You are facing problems sharing the posts on your story.
To know the reasons, Continue reading the article..,
Why can’t you share a post of someone else’s to your Instagram story?
This problem most users have two main reasons for this issue.
- The poster has a private account.
- The poster has turned off “Allow Resharing to Stories”.
Let’s understand both the reasons in detail.
- The poster has a private account.
If someone has converted hers/his personal Instagram account to a private account, It means all the things they do on Instagram cannot be shared. And so, You can not share what they post on their private account.
The same thing applies to you. If you also want nobody to share your post, you can convert your personal account to your private account. Follow these steps to make your account private.
- Tap on the profile icon at the bottom right corner of the home page.
- Tap on the Hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) at the top right corner.
- Click on Settings.
- Tap on the Privacy option.
- You will see the first option to make your account private. Toggle on the Private account.
2. The poster has turned off “Allow Resharing to stories.”
This may be another scenario when someone restricts the viewers on their Instagram account. If someone has turned off “Allow Resharing to stories”,; nobody can share it.
You can also turn off “allow resharing to stories” and restrict your viewers without changing your account to private. To do so, follow this guide.
- Go to your profile icon at the bottom right corner of the homepage.
- Now tap on the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) on the top right corner of the page.
- Select settings.
- Go to Privacy.
- Tap on Story.
- Scroll down and toggle off the Allow sharing to story.
How to share a post you cannot share on your story.
If someone doesn’t want you to share their post to your story and has restricted its users to share, It is not so easy to do. But there may be some ways you can try to get the result.
- Ask or request them to turn on Allow sharing to story for some time. They can turn off after you share that post with your story.
- If the posts are in pictures or photos, you can easily take screenshots and share them to your story.
- Last is the option to download the posts first and then share them to your story. If you do not know how to download this, here is a simple step by step guide.
- Go to the post that you want to download.
- Tap on the three dots given there and Tap on the copy link.
- Go to your web browser and search the Instagram photo downloader.
- Now tap on instafinsta.com.
- Paste the link to posts there. Tap search.
- Download the photos you want to share on your story.
Here you need to remember that you can not download any post from any private account. This method is applicable only if someone restricts his/her users on their personal account.
Friends, I tried my best to solve your every doubt related to the topic here. But if you still have any doubts or queries, you can comment in the comment box, and I will surely give you the solution. Also, if you have a question common to all, I will prepare my next article on that one.
Now, it is time for you to share my post on TechiGem to your stories. Until then, I will create a new article for you and your problem.
Take care, bye-bye
See you in the following article…