Hey game lovers!
Welcome to another article on Shyami’s game series. I already have told you about the best games in many gaming genres like action, adventure, horror, poker, sports, and empire buildings. But another genre of the games is very popular with the youth. And It also has a different fan base. These are Detective games.
These games combine adventure, action, puzzle-solving, and many more. You find a case to solve and then go on a journey of new evidence and witnesses. Sometimes you have to spy in the underworld. In short, if you play these games,
You feel another kind of thrill and experience a detective-like environment around you. But what game is better to be played? You also must have the same question.
To solve these questions, I, shyami- the tech detective, brought the
17 best PS4/PS5 detective games 2023
. Read the whole article to find the best one according to you.
The adventure mystery game “Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments” was launched on 30 September 2014. It was developed as well as was published by Frogwares. This game is a part of the Sherlock Holmes series and can only be played over single-player mode.
The game’s plot is set in 1894-95 London, where the player has to be the detective protagonist named Sherlock Holmes who finds the main culprit behind a series of crimes such as Murder and making the right moral choice to punish him or her. The game runs on Unreal Engine 3.
also check – ps4 mystery games
The mysterious adventure video game “BLACKSAD: Under the skin” was launched on 5 November 2023. The single-player video game was developed by Pendulo Studios and was published by Microïds.
The game is a part of the BLACKSAD series, has a plot that revolves around the protagonist John blacksad in 1950s New York when he investigates and finds the murder mystery behind the death of a boxing club owner. one of the best detective game 2023.
also check – ps4 games like uncharted
The action-adventure mysterious video game “Sherlock Holmes: The devil’s daughter” was launched on 25 October 2916 for the PlayStation 4 platform worldwide. The single-player game was developed and published by Frogwares.
The game uses the Unreal Engine 3 source to run the game. It has a plot that revolves around the protagonist named Sherlock Holmes, who solves five different criminal cases in the game, including murders, kidnapping, and disappearances.
The episodic adventure game “The wolf among us” was launched on 11 October 2013. The game was developed and published by Telltale games.
The single player game being a part of the series Fables released five different episodes on different dates and presented bigby wolf as the protagonist of the game who’s also the sheriff of the Fabletown. The game was highly appreciated by the critics and been ranked as one of the best games so far.one of the best detective game 2023.
The point and click adventure mystery game “Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders” was launched on 4 February 2016. The single player game was developed by artefacts studios and was published by Anuman/Kalypso. The game is compatible to run on an unity engine and was highly appreciated by the critics for its gameplay. The game has a plot revolving around the protagonist who’s a detective solving the mystery behind the murders.best mystery games 2023
The adventure mystery game “The shapeshifting detective” was launched on 6 November 2018. The game was developed by Wales interactive in collaboration with D’Avekki studios Limited and was published by Wales interactive alone. In this game,
the protagonist, a detective with superpowers, has to solve numerous cases. He can change his shape and set himself into the suspect’s body to listen to the secret conversations. It was too hyped after its release.best mystery games 2023.
The horror rich detective story “Enigmatis 2: The mists of Ravenwood” was launched on 25 September 2014. It was developed as well as published by Artifex mundi and is known to be a part of the series Enigmatis.
The plot of the game is a mixture of horror and plot twists. The game was highly appreciated by the critics and been ranked as one of the best games so far. best mystery games 2023
The adventure mystery video game “Al: Somnium files” was launched on 25 July 2019. It was developed as well as published by Spike Chunsoft. The game plot divides into two parts, also known as the investigation and the Somnium parts.
The game’s plot is set in the technologically advanced Tokyo shortly and the story of its advanced metropolitan police force also known as ABIS.
The adventure mystery game “Kona” was launched on 10 March 2017. It was developed by Parabole and was published by Parabole and Ravenscourt. The game is compatible to run on an Unity engine.
The plot of the game revolves around Carl Faubert who’s also a private investigator and his journey to find the deserted place which holds a lot of mystery in the city of Nord-du-Québec.
The episodic adventure mystery game “Batman: The telltale series” was launched on 2 August 2016. The single-player game was developed and published by Telltale Games. The game needs a Telltale tool engine to run the game.
The plot of the game revolves around one of the most infamous characters of DC Comics, Batman, who acts as a detective in the city of Gotham, which is infested by both crimes and corruption.
The horror adventure game “Death mark” was launched on 1 June 2017. The single-player visual novel was developed by Experience and was published by Aksys Games. The game’s plot is set in Tokyo and revolves around Kazuo yashiki,
who discovers a mark on his shoulder and starts investigating it. The game was highly appreciated by the critics and ranked as one of the best games so far.
The adventure mystery game “Detroit: Become Human” was launched on 24 April 2018. The single-player game was developed by Quantic game and was published by Sony Interactive Entertainment.
The game revolves around the protagonist named Markus, who was suspected in the case of a burglary. The game was highly appreciated by the critics and ranked as one of the best games so far.
The mysterious adventure game “The Invisible Hours” was launched on 10 October 2017. It was developed by Tequila Works and was published by game trust.
The plot of the game revolves around the protagonist, a detective looking forward to solving mysteries of crimes such as murders, disappearances, and kidnappings.
The game was highly appreciated by the critics and ranked as one of the best games so far.
The horror adventure video game “The vanishing of Ethan Carter” was launched on 25 September 2014. The single-player game was developed and published by the Astronauts. The game is one of the most exciting games so far, and it is compatible with the Unreal Engine 3 and 4 platforms.
The game plot revolves around the protagonists, a paranormal investigator and a 12-year old kid Ethan Carter who goes missing. This game was awarded for best innovation by the BAFTA games Award.
The neo-noir action-adventure game “L.A. Noire” was launched on 14 November 2017. The single-player game was developed by Team Bondi and was published by Rockstar games. The game plot revolves around the protagonist, who’s a cop in the Los Angeles police department.
The player in this game has to face multiple cases to be solved and finally discovers that he has a link to his past. The game was highly appreciated by the critics and ranked as one of the best games so far.
The Legacy Interactive brand develops the game. If you love Sherlock Holmes, the game series is for you. In this game series, you get 16 new crimes of murders, theft, kidnapping, and more. The game series is a sequel. In the game,
you get a chance to explore more than 40 beautiful locations around Victorian London. Also, you meet 100+ fascinating characters as you progress in your investigation. You meet new evidence and suspects.
You get clues from the hidden objects. In addition to these 16 investigations, you can play some minigames also that are more than 50 in number.
The game’s interface and graphic style take you to the late Victorian period in England and gives another level of experience. Every detail of that time is precisely added to it.
The game is praised by prominent platforms like the USA today, Casual Encounters, and Diehard GameFan.
Here are some unique features of the game which you must know.
- Over 50+ minigames- The game doesn’t end within 16 detection cases only. It offers you to play different minigames in each case. These minigames include Anagrams, Cryptograms, and much more.
- Find the different gameplay- The game is specialized to get you engaged without getting bored as it does not have a similar task to do in your investigation. There are over 40 levels of hidden objects to be found through different gameplay.
- The beautiful image of earlier London locations- When you enter the game, you enter the Victorian England period. You find yourself in the game’s 60 beautiful places of that time. These locations include natural monuments and buildings like Stonehenge, Marlsbury Castle, London music hall, and more. All these things can make you experience the real world of Earlier England.
- 100+ lively characters- the game not only has the actual locations but also includes real-life characters like Watson, Mycroft, and Inspector Lestrade.
Electronic Arts Store develops the game. If you want to do an investigation as a cop and want an investigation game with some action mode, this game is for you. The game takes you to a world full of crime; there is a team of cops and many criminals who you have to encounter.
You play the role of detective Nick Mendoza, who leads the crew in an episodic crime thriller single-player series. You have the challenge of following the law on one side and hitting the criminals on the street on the other side.
Here are some features and specialties making this game awesome in the detective action genre of gameplay.
- The power of money- When you enter the underworld, money is everything over any law or morals: the more money,
- the more problems. You will have to create unique tactics to gather intel, obtain warrants, and take down non-lethal force to make the criminal arrest. It would be best if you secured the cash in a thrilling battleground.
- Fastest battlefield- If you are craving a game full of actions, this is your destination.
- The game provides you to play in an action-packed environment full of intense and fluid action on the battlefield. Using the powerful muscle cars, sleek bikes, or armored trucks makes the game a movie-like thriller episode.
- The new strategies with the latest gadgets- when you play the game, you come to a different plan whenever you get a new map or change the gadgets. To scale city buildings, you use grappling hooks and ziplines.
- It would help if you zipped across the city with the cash. To run a turf war, teamwork is essential as the strategy doesn’t matter when facing a group battle.
- Solve the case with the multiplayer team- the best thing about this detective-action game is that you can go on an investigation journey with your friends. The game provides you with multiplayer options.
- So many single-player characters- The game offers you to play with different single-player characters with varying specialties. These characters include Nick Mendoza- the loner detective, Marcus “Boomer” Boone- An intelligent analyst and illegal trade,
- Julian Dewas- A detective maker of cops, and Khai Minh Dao- a Vietnamese American brilliant detective, etc.
That is it for today, my friend! I am sure you know many detective games here on the list. Pick the best according to you and start playing. Wake Sherlock Holmes in you and go on a thrilling journey as a spy.
I am also going on a trip to solve your tech-related problems.
So this is the time to say bye and wait for each other,
See you soon in the following article…
Alex dedicated to provide top-notch tech content on various types of topics. all the best and top rated tech content you will find here. everything you need in tech is here.