Windows 11, the latest operating system from Microsoft, brings with it a range of new features and improvements. One of the most useful features is the ability to keep a window always-on-top. Whether you’re working on a document, watching a video, or multitasking between multiple applications, having a window stay on top of others can greatly enhance your productivity. In this article, I will show you two methods to achieve this in Windows 11. So let’s get started and learn how to keep a window always-on-top in Windows 11.
Microsoft PowerToys is a set of utilities that enhance the functionality of Windows. Among its many features is an option to keep a window always-on-top. Here’s how you can use PowerToys to achieve this:
- First, download and install Microsoft PowerToys from the official website.
- Once installed, launch PowerToys and navigate to the “FancyZones” section.
- In the FancyZones settings, enable the “Always on Top” feature.
- Now, when you open a window, you can right-click on its title bar and select the “Always on Top” option.
- The window will now stay on top of all other windows until you disable the feature.
Using Microsoft PowerToys is a convenient way to keep a window always-on-top in Windows 11. However, if you prefer a simpler solution, you can try the next method.
Method 2: Keep a Window Always-on-Top with DeskPins
DeskPins is a lightweight application that allows you to pin any window on top of others. It is a straightforward tool with a user-friendly interface. Here’s how you can use DeskPins to keep a window always-on-top in Windows 11:
- Start by downloading and installing DeskPins from the developer’s website.
- Once installed, launch DeskPins and it will add a pin icon to your system tray.
- Open the window you want to keep always-on-top.
- Click on the DeskPins icon in the system tray and then click on the window you want to pin.
- The window will now be pinned and stay on top of all other windows.
DeskPins offers a simple and effective way to keep a window always-on-top in Windows 11. Give it a try and see how it can improve your workflow.
Q: Can I keep multiple windows always-on-top at the same time?
A: Yes, both Microsoft PowerToys and DeskPins allow you to keep multiple windows always-on-top simultaneously. Simply follow the steps mentioned in the respective methods for each window you want to pin.
Q: Will the always-on-top setting persist after I close and reopen the window?
A: No, the always-on-top setting will not persist after you close and reopen the window. You will need to reapply the setting using the method described in this article.
Q: Are there any other third-party tools available to keep a window always-on-top in Windows 11?
A: Yes, there are several other third-party tools available that offer similar functionality. Some popular options include Always On Top, OnTopReplica, and PinWin. You can explore these tools and choose the one that best suits your needs.