In the ever-evolving world of technology, personalization has become a key aspect for many users. With the release of iOS 15, Apple has introduced a new feature that allows iPhone users to change their app icons. This exciting update provides a fresh and unique look to your device, allowing you to express your style and creativity. In this article, we will explore the requirements for creating custom iPhone app icons, different methods to change app icons on iPhone, and the best third-party apps to create custom icons.
Before diving into the process of changing app icons on your iPhone, it’s important to understand the requirements for creating custom icons. First and foremost, you need a device running iOS 14 or later, as this feature is exclusive to these versions. Additionally, you will need a reliable internet connection and access to the App Store to download the necessary apps for customizing your icons.
To create custom app icons, you will also need access to an image editing software or a collection of pre-made icons. This will allow you to design or choose the icons that best reflect your personal style. Keep in mind that the icons should be in a square format and preferably in PNG file format for optimal results. Once you have these requirements in place, you’re ready to embark on the journey of changing app icons on your iPhone.
Change App Icons on iPhone Using Shortcuts App
One of the methods to change app icons on your iPhone is by utilizing the Shortcuts app. The Shortcuts app is a powerful tool that enables you to automate tasks and customize various aspects of your device. To change app icons using the Shortcuts app, follow these steps:
- Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the “+” icon located in the top right corner to create a new shortcut.
- Tap on “Add Action” and search for “Open App” in the search bar.
- Select the “Open App” action and choose the app for which you want to change the icon.
- Tap on the three-dot icon in the top right corner and select “Add to Home Screen.”
- Tap on the app icon image and choose the desired image from your photo library.
- Enter a name for the shortcut and tap “Add.”
By following these steps, you can create a shortcut with a custom app icon that will launch the desired app when tapped. This method provides a quick and easy way to change app icons without the need for third-party apps.
Set a Glyph As Custom App Icon on iPhone
Another method to change app icons on your iPhone is by setting a glyph as a custom app icon. A glyph is a simplified icon that represents an app or action. iOS 15 offers a wide range of built-in glyphs that can be applied to app icons. To set a glyph as a custom app icon, follow these steps:
- Go to the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on “Display & Brightness.”
- Tap on “Home Screen Layout.”
- Select the app for which you want to change the icon.
- Tap on “Choose App Icon.”
- Browse through the available glyphs and select the one that suits your preference.
- Tap “Set” to apply the glyph as the custom app icon.
Using glyphs as custom app icons gives your iPhone a sleek and minimalist look. It’s a great option for those who prefer a more uniform and cohesive aesthetic.
Use an Image As iPhone App Icon
If you want to take customization to the next level, you can use an image as an iPhone app icon. This method allows you to choose any image from your photo library or download custom icon packs to create unique app icons. To use an image as an iPhone app icon, follow these steps:
- Download a third-party app that specializes in customizing app icons, such as Aesthetic Kit, Brass: Custom Icons & Widgets, or Icon Themer & Icon Changer.
- Open the app and follow the instructions to grant necessary permissions.
- Browse through the available icon packs or select “Choose Image” to use a custom image from your photo library.
- Select the desired app and apply the chosen icon.
- Follow the app’s instructions to set the custom icon on your iPhone’s home screen.
Using custom images as app icons provides endless possibilities for personalization. You can create a theme or match the icons to your wallpaper, giving your iPhone a truly unique appearance.
Best Third-Party Apps to Create Custom iPhone App Icons
While the Shortcuts app and built-in glyph options provide a good starting point, there are several third-party apps that offer even more customization options. Here are three of the best third-party apps to create custom iPhone app icons:
1. Aesthetic Kit
Aesthetic Kit is a versatile app that offers a wide range of customizable app icons, wallpapers, and widgets. It allows you to mix and match different styles and create a cohesive look for your iPhone’s home screen. With Aesthetic Kit, you can unleash your creativity and design a truly unique interface.
2. Brass: Custom Icons & Widgets
Brass: Custom Icons & Widgets is another powerful app for customizing app icons on your iPhone. It offers a vast collection of pre-made icons in various styles, including minimalist, vintage, and neon. Additionally, Brass provides widgets that can be customized to match your chosen icons, creating a visually pleasing and cohesive home screen experience.
3. Icon Themer & Icon Changer
Icon Themer & Icon Changer is a user-friendly app that simplifies the process of changing app icons on your iPhone. It offers a wide selection of pre-made icons or allows you to use your own images. The app provides easy-to-follow instructions and ensures a seamless integration of custom icons into your iPhone’s home screen.
By utilizing these third-party apps, you can unlock a whole new level of customization and make your iPhone truly reflect your personal style.