Formatting is important in multiple ways but it wipes out all the data from your device. You may need to format your computer when you experience unfixable errors on it. Whatever is the reason for your device formatting, it always deletes everything, such as apps, files, documents, photos, etc. stored on your device.
If you too experienced data loss issues while formatting your Windows computer and couldn’t back up any data earlier, don’t worry. Luckily, there are various Windows data recovery methods available which you can try to recover data from formatted devices. Here, in this guide, we will discuss some best ways to recover data from formatted computer. We try including all the possible methods whether it is manual methods or taking help from professional data recovery software like Stellar Data Recovery Standard.
Many of you must be wondering if formatting deletes everything from computers, then why it is important to format it. Formatting the computer is helpful in multiple ways. Here are some main scenarios in which you should try formatting your Windows computer:
- Removing Malware and Viruses: If you experience issues due to malicious malware or viruses that cannot be effectively removed by any other method, formatting and reinstalling Windows will help you to restore your system to a clean state.
- Improving Performance: Sometimes, your computer becomes slow and sluggish and does not provide the expected result, formatting can help to improve performance by removing unnecessary files, apps, and settings from your device.
- Cleaning Up the Hard Drive: Formatting wipes all the data, including files and folders, stored in the hard drive of your Windows PC. This is very important if you want to sell or give away your computer to anyone and want your personal data to be completely erased.
- Starting Fresh: If you want to set up your computer a new one, i.e., from scratch, then you must have to eliminate any accumulated clutter or outdated configurations from it. Formatting helps you to delete everything from your Windows computer making it a new device.
Recovering data deleted from the formatted computer can be a challenging task if you are doing it for the first time. All you need is to select proper Windows data recovery tools and techniques. In this part of the blog, we will help you learn some best ways to recover data from the formatted computer. Just start applying these recovery methods one-by-one starting with the simple one first:
Before you proceed with any other Windows data recovery methods to recover deleted files from the formatted computer, try using a windows data recovery software. Stellar Data Recovery Standard is an all-in-one application to recover data from your formatted hard drive in no time. The software makes data recovery easy and accessible in a few simple clicks. Some amazing features which make the Stellar Data Recovery tool best for your file recovery are:
- Recover data from Windows or Mac PC, internal or external hard drives, crashed computers, recycle bins, etc.
- Support recovery of files deleted due to any reason, including formatting, RAW corrupt, damaged drives, and many more.
- Support recovery of files of multiple types, including photos, videos, documents, etc. with 100% safety and security.
- The software is available in multiple versions, check all their features and then select the one that best suits your requirements.
Let’s check how to recover data from a formatted computer using the Stellar Data Recovery Standard tool in 3 easy steps.
Step 1: Download and install the Stellar Data Recovery Standard tool on your Windows computer. Launch the software and select the file type which you need to recover and tap the Next button.
Step 2: Now, select the storage location from which you need to recover data and click the Scan button.
Step 3: Wait till the tool completes the scanning process. After that, preview the recoverable files and select all the files that you need to recover and tap the Recover button to save them at the desired storage location.
That’s it! Once the above steps get successfully completed, you can get the lost files back on your computer.
You can also use the Windows in-built System Restore Point feature to recover deleted data from a formatted drive. Go through the following steps to know how to recover data from formatted computer using the System Restore Point:
- Launch Control Panel and click Recovery.
- Now, click the Open System Restore button followed by Next.
- Select the restore point from the versions list and click the Next button. Moreover, you can tap the Scan for affected programs button to detect the files uninstalled during the restore process.
- After that, confirm the Restore Point and tap the Finish button.
- At last, go through the pop-up instruction that appeared on your screen and click Yes to continue the restore process.
Formatting clearly means deleting all the files present on the drive of your computer along with important OS information. It is important for us to take proper precautions to prevent data loss from your computer:
- Implement a regular backup of your important files to an external hard drive or cloud storage. This helps you to create copies of your files even if your computer is formatted or experienced any hardware failure.
- Also, enable the Windows File History option to automatically back up your files at regular intervals.
- Perform partitioning of your hard drive into multiple partitions to separate data related to your operating system/applications and other important data.
- Implement strong password protection on your computer to prevent unauthorized access, which could also cause accidental data deletion.
This guide defines some best ways to recover data from formatted computers. The best method to restore deleted files after formatting your computer is by using a professional Windows data recovery tool, such as Stellar Data Recovery Standard. This data recovery app consists of everything that you may need to recover your lost or deleted data from bad sectors, partitions, and removable drives.
once upon a time there was a engineer.
Now he is cook, blogger, desperate,gamer,developer,
And most importantly #single