I hope you all are fine and active on Instagram. Some of you may run a business. Instagram is one of the favorite social media apps to connect the customers to promote the business. For promoting your business, all you need is a business account on Instagram. There is no limit to the number of people here who can see your business page. The more people will see your business profile, the more chances of gaining customers.
But suppose that you are a carpenter and live in Washington, and the people who are visiting your business profile belong to another location or maybe another country. What benefit can you expect, then?
Because in this situation, you are getting only views of the people. Not the potential customers. You need to show your business profile to those who can contact you in the future for their work.
And hence, location is essential to show. Make sure viewers of your business profile belong to your business location to convert them into your potential customers.
Because of the importance of location, Instagram gives you an option to show the place of your business in your business account’s bio.
(Remember- Adding location to the bio is only available for Business account type)
And this is why I, Shyami- your tech friend, will show you how to add your business location on your Instagram business account.
How to add location on the Instagram bio of the Business account
Here is a step-by-step guide to adding a place on Instagram bio.
To add the location to your Instagram account, first make sure that your account is a business account. Follow these steps to
create your Instagram personal account to a business account.
- First, go to your profile by clicking on the profile icon on the bottom right corner of the page.
- Tap on three horizontal lines(hamburger menu) on the top right corner of the page.
- Select Settings (an octagonal shape icon).
- Tap on Account.
- Scroll down and tap on Switch to professional account (Highlighted in blue color)
- Tap on Continue.
- Select your business category among all the options available in the given list. Tap on Done.
- A pop-up of switching to a professional account will come on screen. Click OK.
- Now choose your work type between creator and business. Tap on Next.
Follow the steps given ahead with instructions on Instagram and set up a professional business account.
Now, if you have set up your business account once, You can proceed further to add location on your bio.
Follow these steps mentioned below.
Step 1- Open the Instagram app and go to the profile page by clicking on the profile option on the bottom right corner of the page.
Step 2- You will get an Edit profile option on your profile page. Click on it.
Step 3- Tap on the Contact options.
Step 4- Select the business address option.
Step 5- Enter your street address, city/town, and Zip code in their respective columns.
Step 6- Tap on the tick icon in the top right corner.
Step 7- Turn on Display contact info at the bottom of the page.
Step 8- Save it by tapping the tick icon at the top.
Step 9- you are on the Edit profile page now. Save the changes you have made by tapping on the tick mark on the top right corner of the page.
Your location will now appear on your profile with the details you mentioned. Whoever visits your profile will automatically show the address and details you mentioned.
You can not only add a location, but you also can change and remove your location by following these steps.
Here I will answer your common queries,
Frequently asked questions
Q.1- Can we Add location on our personal Instagram bio?
No, there is no option on Instagram to add the location to your own personal Instagram account. But if you want to add location in your personal Instagram bio without converting a business account, here is a trick. Make some space in your bio and write the address you want to add. The address will be shown to the viewer as a simple location, but it will not be clickable as it is your Personal account. The trick can be applied to a creator account as well.
Q.2- Can we track the location of an Instagram profile?
Yes, you can track the location of an Instagram profile by following these steps.
- Open the profile which location you want to track.
- Tap on the three lines on the top left corner of the screen.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Security.
- Tap on Location sharing.
- Switch on Share my location.
Q.3- How do we show our location on Instagram Stories?
You can share your location on your Instagram Stories by following two methods.
- Use the GeoTag feature- If you want to show your location on your Instagram stories by using this feature, follow the guide step by step.
- Open the story you want to add the TAG too.
- Tap the GeoTag icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Now select the location you want to add.
- Using Location Sticker- It is also an easy way to show your location on your selective Instagram Story. Follow the guide to use “Location Sticker.”
- Go to the story you want to add the Location story.
- Now tap on the sticker icon next to the Aa button on the top of the screen.
- Now select or search the Location sticker there.
So, friends, that is it for today! I tried to give you a solution to your problem regarding adding a location on your Instagram. But if you still have any doubt, you can comment down in the comment box. I will take your question in my next article.
Till then, TATA, Good-Bye
See you in the following article…
once upon a time there was a engineer.
Now he is cook, blogger, desperate,gamer,developer,
And most importantly #single