As a Netflix subscriber, you may find yourself in a situation where you need to change your billing date. Whether it’s to align your payments with your payday or to better manage your finances, Netflix provides a few smart ways to make this change. In this article, we will explore three different methods to change your Netflix billing date seamlessly. By following these steps, you can have more control over your subscription and enjoy your favorite shows without any hassle.
Changing the billing date on Netflix is a straightforward process that can be done through your account settings. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Log in to your Netflix account: Start by logging in to your Netflix account using your email address and password.
- Access the account settings: After logging in, click on your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen. From the drop-down menu, select “Account” to access your account settings.
- Navigate to the “Membership & Billing” section: In the account settings, scroll down to find the “Membership & Billing” section. Click on the “Change billing date” link located next to your current billing date.
- Select a new billing date: On the next page, you will be presented with a calendar. Choose the desired date that you would like your billing to occur. Note that the available dates might be limited based on your current billing cycle.
- Confirm the change: Once you have selected your preferred billing date, click on the “Confirm” button to save the changes. Netflix will then update your billing date accordingly.
By following these simple steps, you can easily change your Netflix billing date and have greater control over your subscription.
Things to Remember while Changing the Billing Date
While changing your Netflix billing date is a convenient option, there are a few important things to keep in mind:
- Availability of billing date changes: Netflix allows you to change your billing date, but the availability of this option may vary depending on your account status. If the “Change billing date” link is not visible in your account settings, it means this feature is not available for your subscription plan.
- Billing cycle and proration: When you change your billing date, it’s important to note that Netflix may adjust your billing amount for the current cycle. This is known as proration. For example, if you change your billing date in the middle of a billing cycle, Netflix will calculate the remaining days and charge you accordingly. This prorated amount will be reflected in your next billing cycle.
- Impact on payment method: Changing your billing date does not affect the payment method associated with your Netflix account. You can continue using the same credit card or payment method for your subscription.
By keeping these points in mind, you can ensure a smooth transition while changing your Netflix billing date.
What if The “Change billing day” Option is Unavailable
If you don’t see the option to change your Netflix billing date in your account settings, don’t worry. There are still a couple of alternative methods you can try:
- Cancel and resubscribe on the preferred date: One way to change your billing date is by canceling your current subscription and resubscribing on the desired date. Before doing this, make sure to watch out for any ongoing promotions or discounts that you might lose by canceling. Additionally, keep in mind that canceling and resubscribing will result in the loss of your viewing history and personalized recommendations.
- Change plan to change billing date: Another option is to change your Netflix plan. By upgrading or downgrading your plan, you can trigger a change in your billing date. However, it’s important to note that this method may come with changes in your subscription cost and features. Make sure to review the details of the new plan before proceeding.
While these alternative methods may involve additional steps and considerations, they can still help you achieve the desired change in your Netflix billing date.
Changing Netflix’s Billing Date: FAQs
- Can I change my Netflix billing date multiple times?
Yes, Netflix allows you to change your billing date multiple times. However, it’s important to note that you can only make this change once every billing cycle.
- Will changing my billing date affect my viewing history?
No, changing your billing date does not affect your viewing history. Your watch history and personalized recommendations will remain intact.
- Can I change my billing date to any day of the month?
The availability of billing dates may vary based on your current billing cycle. Netflix will provide you with a selection of available dates to choose from.
- Will changing my billing date affect my payment method?
No, changing your billing date does not affect the payment method associated with your Netflix account. You can continue using the same credit card or payment method for your subscription.